Shvoong


Anybody know where this comes from

The server has ASP .Net 1.1 and 2.0 installed. This error is returned when trying to access the 2.0 website.

It seems there's a missing assembly, but I cannot figure out which one it is, or if it's asp.net's or the application's...

Here is the error return:

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
  System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
  System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211
  System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141
  System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25
  System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +32

[ConfigurationErrorsException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
  System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +596
  System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +3487289
  System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +46
  System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +177
  System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +180
  System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp) +3454869
  System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax() +51
  System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +462

[HttpException (0x80004005): The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
  System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +57
  System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +612
  System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +456

[HttpException (0x80004005): The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
  System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3434991
  System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
  System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +252




Re: asp .Net 2.0 --> The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Mark The Archer Evans


I've got exactly the same problem in my website. Really weird thing is that the other developer I'm working with has EXACTLY the same dll's in his bin folder as me (as we copied his folder and pasted it to my machine. Plus we're using source control so we should both have the same sourcefiles, oh and we both have exactly the same model of pc with the same software installed on both as his machine was a ghost of mine. Thing that annoys me it the message "Specified module could not be found", shame it doesn't specify the module it cant find!




Re: asp .Net 2.0 --> The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Mark The Archer Evans

Managed to get this fixed, solution may work for you too ...

Remove all the dll's from your websites bin folder. rebuild your solution, slowly add each dll back into the bin folder until you find the one giving you problems.






Re: asp .Net 2.0 --> The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Shvoong

I found out the problem was a third party tool not properly installed.
This is simply another case of the wrong error message displayed.