I am having problems importing .cmp files from one server with WSS 3.0 and embedded content database to a diferent server with WSS over SQL Server 2005 Std.

Export goes OK using the object model inside an ASP page on the "from" server, but when I try to do the import on the "to" server I get a security error... so I tried to make import using stsadm.

Here I get a warning about some "not especified security information" in my export file, but process continues.. after a few well exported files I get this error:


Progress: Importando Carpeta /Lists/Discusion de grupo/Problemas con newItem.aspx.
FatalError: Esta operacion solo puede realizar en un archivo; "Lists/Discusion de grupo/Problemas con newItem.aspx" es una carpeta.
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.UpdateFileOrFolderProperties(String
bstrWebUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varProperties, Int32 fMigrationSemantics, Int32 fReGhost)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFolder.UpdateOnImport()
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FolderSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj,
SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.ParseObject(Type objectType,
Boolean isChildObject)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.DeserializeObject(Type object
Type, Boolean isChildObject, DeploymentObject envelope)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ObjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ImportObjectManager.ProcessObject(XmlReader xmlReader)
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.DeserializeObjects()
en Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.Run()

Esta operacion solo puede realizar en un archivo; "Lists/Discusion de grupo/Problemas con newItem.aspx" es una carpeta.


translating the bolded text it may sense: "this operation can only be executed with a file; "Lists/Discusion de grupo/Problemas con newItem.aspx" is a folder".

The solution was quite simple, deleting this discusion item.

But other items into this discusion list were well-exported... so I thougt the subject of the discusion could cause the problem... and I found that whenever I write a subject ended with .aspx it fails....