RaoSajid

Hello all,

I am using a BDC List Item webpart with BDC List Item Builder webpart on a blank webpart page. BDC List Item Builder webpart picks up a parameter named "ID" and passes it to the BDC List Item webpart which shows the detail of the item. The problem is that for some items lets say EventsDisp.aspx ID=3 the page shows the following error.

No item exists at http://portal-server:47087/Pages/EventsDisp.aspx ID=3. It may have been deleted or renamed by another user.

But item for ID = 3 exists and if I go with parameter ID=1 and then change it to 3 from the address bar of the browser it shows the detail for item 3.

I have all the items in the BDC List webpart and I have changed the XSL to point to the EventsDisp.aspx page. Does anybody know what the problem is. I could not figure out this illogical behavior.

Thank you.



Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

Nick Swan

could you copy and paste the two urls you are trying to go to for ID 1 and ID 3 and say which one works and which one doesn't.

thanks

Nick






Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

RaoSajid

I will explain more clearly.

There is a BDC Data List webpart on the main page. This list contains items fetched from the web service. Now I have created a page and I placed two webparts BDS Data Item and BDS Data Item Builder. Both of these webparts are connected. Now I changed the XSL of the BDC Data List webpart on the main page to point to the newly created page. If I click with the item with ID=1 the URL is as follows

http://portal-server:47087/Pages/AnnouncementDisp.aspx ID=1

For this URL the display page opens and BDC Data Item wp shows data properly but when I click on the items having ID=3 the URL is as follows

http://portal-server:47087/Pages/AnnouncementDisp.aspx ID=3

and there is and error saying

No item exists at http://portal-server:47087/Pages/AnnouncementDisp.aspx ID=3. It may have been deleted or renamed by another user.

As you can see only parameter changes in the url. And stranger yet that once I have opened AnnouncementDisp.aspx with parameter ID=1 and I change it to ID=3 from the address bar of the browser it shows me proper detail of the item 3, for which it produces error if I come by cilcking on the list from the main page.

I hope that you have got the scenario.

Thanks for your reply.





Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

Jon Mueller

I am experiencing the same exact issue with a dataview web part. Please share the resolution if you found one. Thanks jonathan_mueller@hotmail.com




Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

kailasJG

I get a smiliar error but not everytime.

A webPart called "Component" is developed with the help of ASP.NET Usercontrol and is deployed in MOSS 2007.
This webpart inserts some data in my own SQL 2005 database and other data in Custom Lists of SharePoint.
However when I try to edit that "Component" using the webPart I get the following error
No item exists at
http://site/web/Tracking/DocLib/EditComponent ID=2 It may have been deleted or renamed by another user.
The database shows the presence of the entry.
If I create a web application and access the same I get all the results in the page.
If any one can help me, it would be great.
Please mail me at kailas.j.goliwadekar@gmail.com for any solution.
Thanks,
Kailas




Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

Koen Denayer

I also encountered something similar. The solution for me was to change the variable name 'ID' or 'id' to something else (in the querystring and in the code).

http://somedomain/path/file.aspx id=3 to http://somedomain/path/file.aspx MyVariableName=3





Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

Cephusj

I had the same problem and Koen's solution worked for me also. Weird.




Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

fretieff

Hi,

Do you know if anyone solved this issue

Regards





Re: SharePoint - Business Data Catalog BDC List Item webpart problem

Arjuna_M

Hi,

I tried the same thing and it seems to work fine. Only difference is that

--Instead of "ID" I am using "MemberID"

--I did not modify the XSLT instead I simply created a custom action.

Thanks

Arjuna.