EmilyBen

Can anyone help I have tested search many times and haven't come across any issues. I am using MOSS 2007 on 64 bit. I even installed the pdf iFilter and its working successfully.
Well a user that has read access can't seem to get any results when doing a search. I have full control and I get results.

She can access the files directly if she navigates to them but can't search on anything. Does anyone know what this could be


Re: SharePoint - Search Search not working for Reader Group

Puneet Narula - MSFT

Is it possible that the user was granted access to those after the last time you crawled those documents/files. If that is the case then doing a recrawl should solve your problem.



Re: SharePoint - Search Search not working for Reader Group

EmilyBen

Thanks for replying. At first I did think that may be the case but I have my crawl on a schedule to run every 2 hours. It seems that I am the only one that can perform searches and I am the site collection admin.

The weird thing is that she can manually navigate and open the documents so its not a rights issue to specific documents. Its when she searches she gets no results back.

Any other ideas I do have a call into Microsoft but haven't heard back from them yet.






Re: SharePoint - Search Search not working for Reader Group

CindyH811

I am having the same issue. I am using MOSS 2007 and if I am logged in with full control my searches are successful. If logged in with other permissions, no results are returned. Users can navigate to documents and open with out issue. I even checked the permission on the search results page to ensure there was not some type of wierd issue here, and there is not.

Please post what you find, as I am out of ideas!!!

Thanks!






Re: SharePoint - Search Search not working for Reader Group

EmilyBen

My issue is resolved. There were 2 different issues. First I had use BUILTIN/Users with restricted read. No search results and I was getting access denied when searching this site. Then I use nt/authenticated users with restricted read permissions and was getting no results. Once I changed it to read they had access to search.

This is what I got from Microsoft.

"general concept that the search results are security trimmed ,and the user should have atleast 'Read' permissions to be able to perform the search operation."


Hopefully this will help you.