jdpeterson

We have a user whose display name in SharePoint (MOSS 2007) is coming up incorrectly. The last character of his last name is being dropped. I've gone through all the settings on his account in AD and verified that the last name is spelled correctly, and even looked at all the attributes of this user in ADSI Edit to make sure there wasn't some reference to the incorrect spelling.

I've tried removing the user's rights from SharePoint, changing the user's AD display name to something that's purposely wrong, and then re-adding him to SharePoint. However, it continues to show the same, incorrect display name (and never the new, incorrect one).

What's strange is that this user was also displayed incorrectly on our old SPS2003 server. I created a new SharePoint 2007 environment (no upgrade) and once again I'm seeing the same behavior. I assume that it's pulling the misspelling from AD, but where

I've seen references to some utilities such as wssuserutil, but I'm not clear if that's compatible with MOSS 2007 or if it would help me in this situation anyway. Any thoughts

Thanks,
Jesse




Re: SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation Incorrect display name

jdpeterson

I'm not sure that anyone can help me here, but here's some more information. We haven't yet done an AD import, so user profiles in MOSS are limited to users who've created a "My Site." I had this user create a My Site, and the profile appeared and everything was spelled correctly, both in the profile information in Central Administration and on the site he created. His display name is still appearing incorrectly on WSS sites hosted on the same server, so for some reason there's a disconnect. I had the user post a new item to a WSS site, and the spelling was still incorrect.





Re: SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation Incorrect display name

jdpeterson

I guess I didn't wait long enough... after I posted message 2 the user called me to thank me for fixing it! Apparently, about 20 minutes after the My Site & User Profile were created, his identification in the WSS sites was updated. His name is spelled correctly everywhere now. Go figure.

This was fun... a nice conversation with myself here -- at least it's fixed for now!

Jesse





Re: SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation Incorrect display name

Sean Cannie

Delete user from site collection using stsadm -deleteuser as long as the user rights have not change for the site collection the next time they do to site the name will display correctly for the sit collection. Hope this helps someone

Thanks

Sean