Jeremy Mullinax-Hill

Whenever I attempt to modify an article's permissions in the Pages library, I get this error. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to resolve the issue I have rebooted all of the servers in the farm and reset iis on all of them.

Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT)) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.ResetSecurityScope(String bstrUrl, UInt32 dwObjectType, String bstrObjUrl, Guid guidDoc, Boolean bUnique, Boolean bCopyRoleAssignments, Guid& pguidScopeId, Int32& piError)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ResetSecurityScope(String bstrUrl, UInt32 dwObjectType, String bstrObjUrl, Guid guidDoc, Boolean bUnique, Boolean bCopyRoleAssignments, Guid& pguidScopeId, Int32& piError)



Re: SharePoint - Enterprise Content Management Exception 0x80004004: Attempting to Modify Permissions for an Article in Pages Library

Jeremy Mullinax-Hill

The issue was that the DBA had the transaction log set to fixed size and it filled up.



Re: SharePoint - Enterprise Content Management Exception 0x80004004: Attempting to Modify Permissions for an Article in Pages Library

GotFocus

If you are using web part template in VS2005, and you get the following error,

Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

OR

If you are installing a web part through stsadm.exe by a CAB file, and if you get object reference error,

Solution:

I had this error. when I checked with event viewer, found that I didnt had enough access permission to share point database. After giving proper access rights, it worked fine. Thanks to my architect (Paul) for helping me out. I totally missed to check the event log but he remembered to go there.

This tip may save ur several hours

happy coding....





Re: SharePoint - Enterprise Content Management Exception 0x80004004: Attempting to Modify Permissions for an Article in Pages Library

Anonymous

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the above solution, after cleraing the Transaction log which were never backed-up for the last six months the issue got resolved.

By clearing the transaction log files we were also saved our farm as the config DB transcation logs were beyond acceptable limits.

Regards,

Chris