Hello all,

the following is more or less a copy from a thread I started at microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
(Message-ID: <>):

"The following example works as expected in Firefox (any version), but
neither in IE6 (which is known for so long) nor in IE7.
A look at the MSDN HTML reference at url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/select.asp (this page does not work in Firefox!) shows up that it should work now,
as the select element was rewritten completely.
This is very annoying for me as a web application developer. I have to
use a lot of select elements which don't fit into the design when they
begin to "grow" in width.
Does the example below work for anyone in IE7. The version I use is
(the) final english 7.0.5730.11 update versions: 0"

I put a working example at

I really haven't found a site where I can report this bug and I would really really love to see it being fixed as soon as possible (although I fear it won't be).