Our product is suffering some pretty severe problems because of IE7. We've starting getting calls that dialog windows become hidden. We've heard this is a threading issue. We found out that the problem is actually much worse.
Modal dialogs don't seem to function correctly in IE7. You can recreate the problem using VB6 by doing this:
1. Create an ActiveX UserControl project.
2. Add a form to the project (form1)
2. Put a button on the user control (usercontrol1).
3. Add this code to usercontrol1.
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim objForm As Form1
Set objForm = New Form1
4. Build the project as an OCX somewhere on your hard drive.
5. Find your control's CLSID in regedit. It is the default value in
6. Create an HTML file with this code. Replace the CLSID GUID with the one identified in step 5.
7. You can open the HTML file normally or host it in IIS if you want to get around some default security bubbles.
8. Press the button! Press it again and again!