heavenlycharmus

Hi, I am using XSLT to translate my XML file into HTML using an XSL file. " " is used in my XSL file to display a blank character. The XSL file is loaded in my C# program using the XslCompiledTransform class, and the HTML is opened using Process.start(filename.html).

When the HTML is brought up in Internet Explorer for the first time, a weird character "A" is displayed in place of any blank character. I will have to manually turn on Unicode to display the current characters.

The encoding I put in the XML header is UTF-8, which I assume is unicode. I also tried some variances of the encoding, but none of them really works. I wonder if there is a way to specify the encoding of Internet Explorer from my C# program. Thank you.


Re: Internet Explorer Extension Development Change encoding in Internet Explorer

IECUSTOMIZER

Hi

"I will have to manually turn on Unicode to display the current characters. "

What is the default encoding that IE has selected when you load the page

What Language setting is at the top of the list in the Language settings dialog. (Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Languages button)

Can you provide your doctype and head declarations from your html page.

Thx.