lepi

i link

DirectX 10

and

windows XP sp3

download address plz




Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

Ken Tucker

Direct X 10 is for Windows Vista. Window XP service pack 3 is not out.





Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

jo0ls

XP SP3 Estimated release date - not for a long time...

DirectX 10 - XP cannot run DirectX 10. Get Vista. Get the latest directX SDK





Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

ReneeC

Side note:

joOls,

If you could, please leave you email address in your profile.

Thanks,

Renee






Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

duck thing

*I* am DirectX 10. Deal with it.






Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

AndrewBadera

duck thing wrote:

*I* am DirectX 10. Deal with it.

nay, you are merely DirectShow 10, for _I_ am DirectX 10. I am your father.





Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

lepi

duck thing wrote:

*I* am DirectX 10. Deal with it.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii DirectX 10






Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

AndrewBadera

lepi wrote:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii DirectX 10

uh oh duck ... looks like someone's got an e-crush on ya





Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

Katana314

AndrewBadera wrote:
duck thing wrote:

*I* am DirectX 10. Deal with it.

nay, you are merely DirectShow 10, for _I_ am DirectX 10. I am your father.


THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
(searches feelings)
NOOOOOOOOOOO!




Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

Biche

Is it me or this topic had slowly became a dating agency ...

Anyway, it's now really off-topic...






Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

irrdev

Technically, DirectX10 is only for Vista. However, I have been thinking about making a driver for XP which declares the DX10 functions which actually calls simple DirectX9.0c functions. It would be fairly easy; many DirectX functions aren't specific to a certain DirectX version. They wouldn't have to be rewritten. I don't think there would be any legal issues involved. The only thing one would need is time... Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea




Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

erode

Yeah, I have some thoughts on that. Such as, "extremely unlikely".

I'm sure it's not that simple..






Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

AndrewVos

irrdev wrote:
Technically, DirectX10 is only for Vista. However, I have been thinking about making a driver for XP which declares the DX10 functions which actually calls simple DirectX9.0c functions. It would be fairly easy; many DirectX functions aren't specific to a certain DirectX version. They wouldn't have to be rewritten. I don't think there would be any legal issues involved. The only thing one would need is time... Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea

If you code it they will come. By they I mean people who only want to buy Vista cause of "the new games".

It would require a complete repackage of DirectX though, which is illegal.






Re: Hot Technology who is DirectX 10 ??

Andreas Johansson

If DX10 is too much bounded into Vista there probably want be any DX10 for XP. Backporting seem a bit away now...

I don't know about the actual situation so it is just a conclusion, by me and I just read stuff. :)

I saw some really cool stuff from nVidia at the Vista launch earlier today, or yesterday I mean. DX10 has new features that will be cool in gameplay but those cards cost around 500 and it is outside my budget. Not sure why but the guy seemed to favour Farcry as a game to use the features available.