Bite Qiu - MSFT
| Scrier wrote:|
Mouseover is another example where you get information that I would like to add additional information more than the fileinfo and namespace.
I believe the feature you are looking for is XML Doc Comments support. Visual C++ 2003 does not support such feature, But Visual C++ 2005 partially(with a limitation) support it. If it is possible for you to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005, then this is completely right place for your question and following information will be also helpful:
1. The limitation: In C++ we do not support XML Doc Comments directly from source code within the same project, and it only works for managed code.
2. To add additional information to intellisense in quick info tooltip and parameter info tooltip:
- a. Enable XML Doc Comment via: Project | Properties | Configuration properties | C/C++ | Output Files | Generate XML Documentation Files -> Yes(/doc)
- b. Add XML Doc Comment to your code: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177227(VS.80).aspx
- c. Build the project, now you have 2 files generated in output directory: assembly projectname.dll and xml file projectname.xml.
- d. Use this assembly in another c++ project via the "#using <projectname.dll>" directive or the "/FU projectname.dll" compiler option.
- e. Make sure the directory on disk where the "projectname.dll" you import resides also contains the "projectname.xml" file which containing the XML Doc Comments.
- f. Now when you mouseover some member functions import from projectname.dll, a quick info tooltip will show up with informations that you provided in step b.
hope it helps