Denis Pitcher

I'm running VSTO 2005 SE with Office 2003 and attempting to run a powerpoint addin

I'm getting the following error when loading an addin on my deployment testing box.

"The customization assembly associated with this document could not be loaded. The application manifest might be corrupted. ..."

What is odd is that it stopped working out of the blue, the details in the error are blank and there is no manifest log file. (even though both logging variables are set)

The addin works fine on my development machine and my other addins work fine in both development and deployment.

The manifest on the deployment machine is identical to my dev box.

<assembly xmlns="urnTongue Tiedchemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" xmlns:asmv2="urnTongue Tiedchemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity name="PwrPntAddins.dll" version="1.0.0.25" />
<asmv2:entryPoint name="Startup" dependencyName="dependency0">
<asmv2:clrClassInvocation class="MasterPresentation.PwrPntAddins" />
</asmv2:entryPoint>
<asmv2Big Smileependency asmv2:name="dependency0">
<asmv2Big SmileependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="PwrPntAddins" version="1.0.0.0" publicKeyToken="2960d2157d6469d8" />
</asmv2Big SmileependentAssembly>
<asmv2:installFrom codebase="PwrPntAddins.dll" />
</asmv2Big Smileependency>
</assembly>


Re: Visual Studio Tools for Office Add-in not loading

Denis Pitcher

This really makes no sense.

I tried copying the working files from my dev machine to my deploy machine and attempting to run it and I'm still getting the error.

How can the error be blank though Is it possible it's something happening with the VSTO dlls






Re: Visual Studio Tools for Office Add-in not loading

Denis Pitcher

Finally figured it out.

Somehow when I added a word addin project to my existing solution, while updating the setup project to store the correct registry settings I must have overwritten the HKLM/Software/Classes/CLSID/[...]/InprocServer32/addin.dll.manifest value. It was incorrectly stored as the word addin's dll name rather than the powerpoint one. This is what was causing my addin to no load properly.

Wish the error messages were more clear.