Erikk Ross


I created an Integration Services Package that runs fine from my local computer using BIDS. However when I imported into our SQL Server and try to run it from there I get the following error:

DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW. The product level is insufficient for component "Data Conversion"

We are running SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition 64-bit.

We have integration services installed on the server. Is data conversion something that is not supported on Standard Edition

Also have a similar message for "Send Mail Task."

Is there anywhere that outlines what features are supported on each version




Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Phil Brammer


What version of SQL Server are you running on your developer's workstation






Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

ErikkRoss

I'm running BIDS on my workstation which is connecting to our SQL Server. The same SQL Server where the integration package will not run from when imported into. So I'm actually not running a full blown SQL Server database on my workstation, just using BIDS on it along with Studio.

The Management Studio on my workstation is 9.00.3042.

SQL Server Integration Services is 9.00.3042. (Found by going to About > Help in Visual Studio)

Our SQL Server version is 9.00.3050






Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Phil Brammer

So both your workstation and the server are running SQL Server Standard edition Not developer/enterprise edition





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

Server is definitely Standard Edition. When I installed the workstation components on my workstation I honestly don't remember if I installed them from the Standard edition or Developer edition. Most likely I installed the workstation components using the Developer edition. Is there a way to check

I guess that would explain why it works on my workstation but not on the server





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Phil Brammer

Erikk Ross wrote:

Server is definitely Standard Edition. When I installed the workstation components on my workstation I honestly don't remember if I installed them from the Standard edition or Developer edition. Most likely I installed the workstation components using the Developer edition. Is there a way to check



Run this query on the server and again on your local version:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

Yeah, like I said I don't have the actual Database engine installed on my workstation. But our server version is SP2: 9.00.3050.

So I guess Data Conversion is not supported in Standard Edition Or send mail Is there a matrix somewhere that shows what features in Integration Services are supported in each version of SQL Server It would seem to me that data conversion is something that is pretty common...I'm a little suprised it would require the Enterprise edition.





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Phil Brammer

Alright, well, I do think it's because you're developing a package in a Developer environment, which is a higher level than the Standard edition that your server runs. If your server was an Enterprise version, you wouldn't have a problem (of course).

Uninstall and reinstall the SSIS components from the Standard Edition CDs and you should be fine. The Data Conversion component should work in the Standard Edition.





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

Phil Brammer wrote:
Alright, well, I do think it's because you're developing a package in a Developer environment, which is a higher level than the Standard edition that your server runs. If your server was an Enterprise version, you wouldn't have a problem (of course).

Uninstall and reinstall the SSIS components from the Standard Edition CDs and you should be fine. The Data Conversion component should work in the Standard Edition.

That was indeed the solution. I just did a quick test and creating the package from a Standard edition version did allow the data conversion to work correctly. Thank you!!





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

Well, after uninstalling SQL Server workstation components on my development machine and reinstalling the Standard version it did not fix my problem. Any package created on my local development machine still does not work when imported into SQL Server. Get the same Product level to low error.

At least the good news is that I can create packages on the SQL Server itself and they seem to work fine. My best guess is that uninstalling the developer edition and reinstalling the standard edition just wasn't enough. I would suspect that if I was to completely wipe my machine clean then install Standard Edition it would probably be ok. But that is more hassle than it's worth.





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Phil Brammer

Erikk Ross wrote:

Well, after uninstalling SQL Server workstation components on my development machine and reinstalling the Standard version it did not fix my problem. Any package created on my local development machine still does not work when imported into SQL Server. Get the same Product level to low error.

At least the good news is that I can create packages on the SQL Server itself and they seem to work fine. My best guess is that uninstalling the developer edition and reinstalling the standard edition just wasn't enough. I would suspect that if I was to completely wipe my machine clean then install Standard Edition it would probably be ok. But that is more hassle than it's worth.



Any NEW packages created still don't work





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

Correct, I created a brand new package. Well I first tried to rebuild my old package but that didn't work either, so I just created a new one. Same problems, runs fine on my local workstation, but when imported into SQL Server gives the same error.

I am currently installing standard edition workstation components on a new workstation with Visual Studio and will try to create a package from there and import it and see if that works.





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Phil Brammer

Run this on the server, please:
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

Phil Brammer wrote:
Run this on the server, please:
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

9.00.3050.00 SP2 Standard Edition (64-bit)

Well now I am completely lost. I just installed the standard edition workstation components on a brand new machine. A machine that has never had SQL Server installed on it. I created a new package in Visual Studio, imported it into our SQL Server, ran it, and still get the same ProductLevelToLow errors.

Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW. The product level is insufficient for component "Data Conversion".





Re: Data Conversion supported on Standard Edition?

Erikk Ross

After reading this I realized my problem: http://blogs.msdn.com/michen/archive/2006/08/11/package-exec-location.aspx

I was running the package from my workstation using Management Studio, unaware that the package was actually running on my local workstation and not on the server. Since it was running on my workstation it required Integration Services to be installed which it wasn't, so that is why I got those error messages. As soon as I ran it directly from the server it worked fine.

*sigh* I wish this was more obvious. I thought that by running it in Management Studio it was just automatically running it on the server.