Could you please confirm if my understanding for Role property is right:
- For this to work middle tier should have full (or at least some) access to SSAS database.
- User does not need to have access to SSAS database, as it is queried by middle tier.
- Including role parameter in connection string will further limit middle tier access to SSAS based on roles specified.
- Will there be any penalty for performance using this I know that years back when connection string to relational DB did not matched exactly, then you could not reuse cache betten connection.
Using CustomData() function, is my understanding right:
- I would disable access to direct measures to users.
- I would create calculated measures and use CustomData() function to limit what values are available.
- With this approach I cannot hide dimensions, hierarchies, cubes, just calculated measure values.
Did I understand right