André_Silva

I have this problem:

Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.

Can anybody help me!

Thank's!



Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

Hi

go and see your web.config

probably the projectproperty element is either in the wrong place, or there is something missing in the configsections element

Hope this helps






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

Hi

go and see your web.config

probably the projectproperty element is either in the wrong place, or there is something missing in the configsections element

Hope this helps

I think thats not the anser, because the line error is this:

<SharePoint:ProjectProperty Property="Title" runat="server" ID="Projectproperty1"/>





Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

can you post the complete web.config

the sharepoint:projectproperty element is unknown, so either it should be
<sharepoint>
<projectproperty ....

or you are missing the information for the sharepoint config






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

can you post the complete web.config

the sharepoint:projectproperty element is unknown, so either it should be
<sharepoint>
<projectproperty ....

or you are missing the information for the sharepoint config

The SharePoint web.config is in the machine that i have with the SharePoint 2007. Do you think that i need to have the web.config in my machine





Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

Hi,

where did you get this error

on you local machine or in the sharepoint site

did you add a reference to the sharepoint dll in you local project






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

Hi,

where did you get this error

on you local machine or in the sharepoint site

did you add a reference to the sharepoint dll in you local project

This error is in my machine, and yes i have dll sharepoint reference in my project!





Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

Hi

if you deploy your site to moss does it work

it could just be that visual studio does not recognize some moss stuff..

remember that in 2003 there was a lot of stuff you needed to deploy to server before testing (webpart, extensions etc)






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

Hi

if you deploy your site to moss does it work

it could just be that visual studio does not recognize some moss stuff..

remember that in 2003 there was a lot of stuff you needed to deploy to server before testing (webpart, extensions etc)

Wath do you mine by deploying the site to moss





Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

hi

i was under the impression that you are developping some extension for sharepoint 2007...

otherwise, why would you be using the sharepoint dll






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

hi

i was under the impression that you are developping some extension for sharepoint 2007...

otherwise, why would you be using the sharepoint dll

I'm making a site whith the sharepoint 2007, but i didn't antherstand what is the moss





Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

Hi

Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server = Moss = Sharepoint 2007

you need to deploy your site to the _layouts directory.... and test it there

Hope this helps






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

Hi

Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server = Moss = Sharepoint 2007

you need to deploy your site to the _layouts directory.... and test it there

Hope this helps

Haaaa sorry!

But i can't plublish the web site because of the error!





Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

frederikm

hi

i guess i'm understanding your problem, finally

so in a aspx file you have that error,

in the top of that page you need to register your tag prefixes, is there a line indicating the sharepoint prefix






Re: Visual C# General Element 'ProjectProperty' is not a known element.

Andre_Silva

frederikm wrote:

hi

i guess i'm understanding your problem, finally

so in a aspx file you have that error,

in the top of that page you need to register your tag prefixes, is there a line indicating the sharepoint prefix

This are the lines i have about that matter, i think this is what you are talking about.

<%@ Register Tagprefix="SharePoint" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

<%@ Register Tagprefix="Utilities" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

<%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %>

<%@ Register Tagprefix="WebPartPages" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>